Thursday 23 October 2008

The cockney Sparro

Strike a light, guvnah! Sam Sparro (or Sparra in his tongue) was on TV last night in a repeat of Channel 4's Transmission and for the first time, I noticed how ENGLISH he sounds. Now I know this Ozzie/LA boy spent some time over here, but the sartorially challenged one seems to have picked up the accent and never let it drop - well, all except for the 'aitches...

Anyhoo, above is a random Sam and Annie interview (Transmission's intro piece on their collaboration was snipped off). And below is the strange mash-up (they never quite work on this show) of Heartbeat and Black and Gold.

5 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

Have you heard the "amazing" (by amazing i mean horrific and unbearable) Katy Perry's version of Black n Gold. I know what a fan you are of hers. It made my skull bleed a la being attacked by Sylar in Heroes.

John said...

Black and Gold is being covered by EVERYONE! I saw Sara Bareilles on Monday, and she started off her song "Come Round Soon" with B&G. I don't even think a dozen people in the audience even knew what that was, but I was just giddy! (Yeah...big dork here)

Adem With An E said...

When is Sparro going to cover "I Kissed A Girl"? And sing "I kissed a girl and it was pretty rough"?

I'd like that very much.

xolondon said...

I wish Sam and Annie (sounds like a group!) would release this as an official mashup.

Adem With An E said...

I did not dream you had a post about "Untouchable" and that I commented on it, did I?