Saturday 14 February 2009

DSB Vs PSB

More Pet Shop Boys, peeps. On Absolute Radio's Geoff Lloyd show, listen here, Neil lets slip that there is a possibility of them, finally, working with Dame Shirley Bassey. The camp-o-meter goes off the scale here. DSB and PSB? I'd like to think it would be a poignant "I've lived a life" kind of ballad, orchestral and stirring, but something tells me it'll be all glitter, tits and fan kicks. Either way, we'll love it.

Neil says of the collaboration: "I hope this isn't top secret but Miss Bassey is actually making an album at the moment with a very good producer who actually phoned us up to see if we had any songs for her... This was just before Christmas and we haven't had a response yet."

Could this producer be Trevor Horn? I think we should be told! In the meantime, here's DSB performing a Trevor Horn track originally done by the other diva, Grace Jones, Slave to the Rhythm. And those dancers aren't that camp, are they?

2 comments:

xolondon said...

One can only dream...

Myfizzypop said...

that could actually satisfy me until the never gonna happen Results2 appears :)